Monday, 22 April 2013

St. Basil's Cathedral Illustration

This is a piece for a self-assigned brief I'm currently working on as part of my final major project. It's all about travel and beautiful buildings basically, this one is St. Basil's Cathedral in Moscow.
 I went to Russia a couple of years ago and the architecture was absolutely stunning. 


Apologies for the lousy quality, its a photo as I haven't had a chance to scan it in yet! I used watercolour and really tried to keep the indian ink level to a minimum, as I wanted it to be more colour based than line based.

Here's some of my photos of Moscow and the Red Square from a few years ago:





Seeing Russia in the snow made the buildings look even more spectacular.
And having a snowball fight in the middle of Red Square was another highlight of the trip.





No comments:

Post a Comment